Updated: Sep 1, 2022
Hi, My name is Shelley Hannah and I just completed my 1000 workout at FitClub! I joined Fitclub 2 years ago in August of 2020. I found fit club online when searching for a new gym and found a CBC news clip of coach RJ doing a workout with members on Kimberley Hill just after the pandemic Hit. The Hill was right by my place and got in touch with RJ and did one of the 2 week trials and was hooked!
What has been the biggest change from 100 to 1000 workouts for you? If multiple changes, list them together, then expand on each individually.
The biggest changes besides losing over 20 pounds that I had gained previously.
• I Also – learned so much about managing and tracking the proper fat, protein and carb macros, and more awareness of managing my calories consumed and burned to meet my fitness goals.
• Understanding it’s more than just measuring your weight on the scale but looking at your muscle and fat percentages
What was your biggest struggle to complete the 1000 workouts?
• My biggest struggle to complete 1000 workouts… I can’t say I really had any major struggles to get to 1000 – I love working out at Fitclub. Maybe initially it was hard when we couldn’t be on the blue and being on challenges and we could only do virtuals because of Covid restrictions …but I ended up also loving doing the virtuals live and on replays.
What were the 3 biggest contributing factors to success? List them together, then expand on each factor individually.
1. The coaches including all the Belly burn coaches. They have taught me so much! The Belly Burns were an added Game changer for me and helped make me more mindful with tracking food, steps, water intake on a daily basis.
2. Community and accountability – everyone supports everyone at Fitclub. You’re not alone in your fitness journey.
3. Fun classes – the Blue is one of the greatest environments to work out in. Honestly don’t feel like I am working out. It’s so much fun I usually do 2 classes a day and sometimes up to 3 or 4 with the virtuals as time allows me.
Is there anyone that you would like to thank or that contributed to your success?
1. I would like to thank all the coaches, but especially RJ as my main mid-morning coach! His infectious enthusiasm and making me and everyone at Fit club feels special and part of the fit club “Family”. Love Love how he has nicknames for all of us. Hannah Montana here. And of course, team Rockers!
2. Speaking of Rockers, I would like to thank my Rocker buddy Dale who I met at fitclub and we have become such great friends. RJ nicknamed us the Rockers. I thought because we rock 😊 – but he told it was after the 80s– wrestling team and their colorful matching tights. Yes, Dale and I like to wear our multi colored tights as did the wrestling duo. .Dale and I keep each accountable and share our successes and challenges together! Thanks buddy!
3. I would like to thank all my mid-morning crew for their positive energy and for making the gym a great community of wonderful people to spend the mornings working out together! and Jerome – you always make us look so good in our photos!
What would you say to your past self?
• Consistency is key – it’s not a race to achieve your goals. Slow and steady wins the race. Don’t beat yourself up if you have setbacks. Just use the tools/knowledge you’ve gained to get back on your fitness path.
What words of encouragement or advice would you tell someone pursuing 1000 workouts?
• Show up and have fun! When you are enjoying what you’re doing it isn’t hard! You got this!